5.04 "The Fifth Man" Episode Guide
O'Neill stays behind on an alien world to tend to the wounded Lt. Tyler, the latest member of SG-1. But when the rest of the team returns to the command center, they discover that Lt. Tyler doesn't exist! Will this latest case of alien mind games close SGC down for good?
Guide | Transcript
MGM Official Summary
O'Neill stays behind on an alien world to tend to the wounded Lt. Tyler, the latest member of SG-1. Back on Earth Hammond informs the team that Tyler doesn't exist! Col. Simmons of the Pentagon wants to use this latest case of alien mind games to close down the SGC as a safety risk.
SciFi.com Official Summary
While on a mission, Colonel Jack O'Neill and Lieutenant Tyler are ambushed by Goa'uld forces and trapped behind enemy lines. Major Samantha Carter, Dr. Daniel Jackson, and Teal'c return to SGC and inform General Hammond, who is confused. He's never heard of a Lieutenant Tyler, and a quick search shows no records that such a man was ever assigned to the SGC.
Colonel Frank Simmons arrives at SGC to oversee psychological tests on Carter, Jackson, and Teal'c. He probes for anything that might have caused their shared hallucination. Simmons launches a full investigation, and places the team members in quarantine until the matter of SG-1 security is solved. Meanwhile, O'Neill and Tyler are left on their own.
- Richard Dean Anderson as Col. Jack O'Neill
- Michael Shanks as Dr. Daniel Jackson
- Amanda Tapping as Maj. Samantha Carter
- Christopher Judge as Teal'c
- Don S. Davis as Gen. George Hammond
- Season Five Episode Guides
- Episode Guides
- 5.04 "The Fifth Man" Transcript
- Previous: 5.03 "Ascension" Episode Guide
- Next: 5.05 "Red Sky" Episode Guide
- Solutions On-Site Forum: Season Five Discussion Board
- Solutions Many Voices Ratings and Reviews
- Solutions LJ Companion Site
- Stargatefan Season Five (Episode Guides, Transcripts, Multimedia, Missing Scenes)
- SG-1Web: Nitpicker's NetGuide Season Five
- The Stargate SG-1 Compendium
- Stargate Screencaps: Season Five
--Kylie Lee 10:36, 26 Jun 2004 (PDT)