Prometheus: Weaponry and Defense Technology
Earth's first intergalactic spaceship was built using both Earth-based and alien technology. Without the engineering of Earth's alien allies, the Prometheus would never have been possible. This article covers the weapons and defense technology which enables the Prometheus to be Earth's first line of defense against alien incursion in space.
The Prometheus is designed to carry eight (8) F-302 space intercept fighters (6.17 "Disclosure"). The fighters are kept in the cargo bay and hangar area at the front of the ship (labeled as the forward cargo hangar in a display graphic from the episode, 7.13 "Grace").
We have not yet seen an F-302 exit or enter the Prometheus. However, a squadron of them assisted the Prometheus in the battle over the Antarctic when Anubis attacked Earth. Although capable of entering outer space, these F-302s intercepted the al'kesh and death gliders sent by Anubis above the ground as the Prometheus hovered over the enhanced cargo ship used by SG-1 to gain access to the Ancient Antarctic Outpost. Once the F-302s depleted their weapons, they were recalled to McMurdo Station. (7.22 "Lost City Part 2")
Sensors, Scanners, and Radar
The Asgard installed their shield technology as a thank you for helping them in the war against the Replicators (6.12 "Unnatural Selection", 6.17 "Disclosure").
The Asgard installed energy weapons technology as a thank you for helping them in the war against the Replicators (6.12 "Unnatural Selection", 6.17 "Disclosure").
The Prometheus is also equipped with Earth missiles.
- Mythological References :: Real-World References :: History of Development :: Bay on Earth :: Significant Events :: Alternate Reality Versions of Prometheus
- Anti-Gravity Pod :: Deceleration Thrusters, Inertial Dampeners, and Artificial Gravity :: Hyperdrive Engines :: Landing Gear :: Sublight Engines
- Prometheus: Weaponry and Defense Technology
- Asgard Beaming Technology :: Communications :: Escape Pods :: Extra-Vehicular Activity (EVA) Equipment :: Ring Transporter
- Hull :: Overall Interior Design :: Airlocks :: Armory :: Bridge :: Briefing Room :: Brig :: Cargo Bay and Hangars :: Control Room and Auxiliary Control Rooms :: Crew Quarters :: Elevators :: Engine Room :: Infirmary :: Maintenance Accesses :: Mess Hall :: Supply and Utility Rooms
- Antarctic Outpost
- Cargo Ship
- Death Glider
--DeeKayP 11:15, 13 January 2006 (PST)