P3A-577 was one of the first planets the SGC computers were able to locate using the Abydos Cartouche and accounting for stellar drift.
- Names and Designations: P3A-577
- Number of Suns: Unknown
- Number of Moons: Unknown
- Source of Address: Abydos Cartouche
- Introduced in Episode: 1.03 "The Enemy Within"
- Earth Cultural/Technological Equivalent: Unknown
- Main Interest: Exploration; Reconnaissance
- Influenced/Dominated by: Unknown, though Goa'uld were aware of it
- History of Stargate: Unknown
P3A-577 was one of the first planets the SGC's computer was able to find after the first missions to Abydos and Chulak. The Abydos Cartouche listed several addresses, and P3A-575 and P3A-577 were the first planets Captain Carter's team was able to recalculate after allowing for stellar drift.
Col. O'Neill and Maj. Kawalsky, the leaders of SG-1 and SG-2, good-naturedly teased about which team would take which mission before Gen. Hammond stepped into the conversation. Later, General Hammond mentioned Col. O'Neill's team would be the one to go to P3A-575, thus SG-2 was likely scheduled for P3A-577.
When it was discovered that Major Kawalsky was infected by a Goa'uld, SG-1 was focused on that crisis and any missions were put on hold. It is unclear when P3A-577 was explored or even whether or not SG-2 did the exploration after Major Kawalsky's death.
--Aurora 12:29, 27 April 2006 (PDT)