Stargate: The Ark of Truth
As SG-1 searches for an Ancient artifact which they hope can defeat the armies of the Ori, they learn more Ori ships are about to be sent through the Supergate to launch a final assault on Earth. Daniel discovers that the artifact, the Ark of Truth, may be in the Ori home galaxy, and SG-1 embarks aboard the Odyssey to find it, and pre-empt the attack. The IOA has a plan of their own and SG-1 ends up in a distant galaxy fighting two powerful enemies.
Movie Guide | Transcript | Production Notes |
Millions of years ago in the Ori galaxy, an Alteran invented an Ark of Truth that would force the Ori people to see that their dogmatic faith was not the only valid path. When the Alterans decided for moral reasons not to use the Ark but rather to leave that galaxy, they left the Ark behind.
In the present time, Daniel leads SG-1 on a search for the Ark, which he has learned about from visions apparently left by Merlin. Their search on Dakara turns up nothing, but in the process they meet Tomin, who joins their quest. Tomin suggests Daniel's vision is of a place called Ortus Mallum in the Ori galaxy. On the possibility the Ark is there, Odyssey travels through the Supergate, with Mitchell at the helm and IOA operative James Marrick overseeing the mission.
Once in the Ori galaxy, SG-1 learns Ortus Mallum is on the same planet as Celestis and the sacred City of the Gods. They find it and begin to search the ruins buried in the forest. On the ship, acting on orders from the IOA, Marrick programs the Asgard core to create a replicator, which he intends to unleash on the Ori ships. The program succeeds, but the replicator is let loose on Odyssey. Equally bad, with the core active, the ship is detectable by Ori motherships. Mitchell, Carter, and the crew turn their focus to shutting down the replicators and turning off the core. Too soon, Ori motherships converge on Odyssey, and they must jump to hyperspace to get away, leaving the rest of the team on the planet.
There, directed by another vision, the team finds the Ark, but soon after, Ori soldiers find them and attack. Teal'c is left for dead, and Daniel, Vala, Tomin, are captured and taken with the Ark over the mountains to the City of the Gods. Teal'c wakes and begins the long trek over the mountains to the Plains of Celestis. In the dungeons in the City of the Gods, Daniel, Vala, and Tomin are tortured by the Doci and Priors.
On Odyssey the replicators are multiplying; they break into Marrick's jail cell and overtake him. Mitchell finds the queen replicator but is stopped from destroying it by the human-hybrid Marrick. They begin a long and bloody fight while Carter searches for a shut-down code.
Teal'c reaches the Plains of Celestis with the aid of an Ascended who heals him. In the city, Vala meets Adria, who admits the Ori were killed by Merlin's weapon, but reveals she has assumed all of their powers for herself.
Morgan Le Fay appears to Daniel in his cell; she has been impersonating Merlin. She refuses to help further, but tells Daniel they need only use the Ark on one Prior: the "truth" will travel from there throughout the galaxy. Morgan leaves just as Teal'c arrives.
Reunited, Teal'c, Daniel, Vala and Tomin try to power the Ark, but are interrupted by the Doci and Adria. Vala distracts Adria, and Daniel and Teal'c are able to activate the Ark. Its effect envelopes the Doci and through him travels throughout the Ori galaxy, making the Priors stop believing in the Ori. Without her followers, Adria is much weakened. When Morgan arrives to fight her, they are evenly matched; they enter battle in their ascended forms and leave.
The Ark also saves the Odyssey and her crew. By this time, they have shut down the replicators and defeated Marrick, but the ship is stalled in space and under Ori attack. The Priors' exposure via the Doci halts their attack moments before they destroy the Odyssey.
Odyssey returns home; the SGC activates the Ark in the Milky Way, neutralizing all the Ori armies there. Tomin returns home to lead his people into their new lives, and SG-1 embarks on a new adventure.
- Ben Browder as Lt. Col. Cameron Mitchell
- Amanda Tapping as Lt. Col. Samantha Carter
- Christopher Judge as Teal'c
- Claudia Black as Vala Mal Doran
- With Beau Bridges as Maj. Gen. Hank Landry
- And Michael Shanks as Dr. Daniel Jackson
Stargate Command and IOA:
- Currie Graham as James Marrick
- Michael Beach as Col. Ellis
- Gary Jones as Chief Master Sgt. Walter Harriman
- Martin Christopher as Major Marks
- Eric Breker as Col. Reynolds of SG-3
- Spencer Maybee as Captain Binder
- Alisen Down as Alteran Woman
- Gabrielle Rose as Alteran Woman #2
- Fabrice Grover as Amelius
- Simon Bradbury as Alteran Man
Humans from the Ori Galaxy:
- Morena Baccarin as Adria
- Julian Sands as Doci
- Greg Anderson as Prior #1
- Doug Abrahams as Prior #2
- Morris Chapdelaine as Prior #3
- Nicholas Podbrey as Prior #4
- Ian Wallace as Prior #5
- J. Douglas Stewart as Prior #6
- Jason Calder as Ori Soldier
- Written by Robert C. Cooper
- Directed by Robert C. Cooper
- Director of Photography: Peter Woeste
- Filming scheduled April 17 to May 8, 2007.
- DVD Release dates:
- March 11, 2008 - North America
- April 8, 2008: New Zealand
- April 9, 2008 - Australia
- April 23, 2008 - France
- April 23, 2008: The Netherlands
- April 28, 2008: UK (Note: moved from April 14)
- April 29, 2008: Italy
- May 2, 2008: Germany
- June 25, 2008: Spain
- July 28, 2008: Czech Republic
- Stargate: The Ark of Truth Production Gallery and Notes
- Ascended Beings
- Ark of Truth
- International Oversight Advisory (IOA)
- Ori Warship
- SG-1 Movies
- Episode Guides
- Stargate: The Ark of Truth Transcript
- Stargate: The Ark of Truth Production Gallery and Notes
- Previous: 10.20 "Unending" Episode Guide
- Next: Stargate: Continuum
- Stargate SG-1 Solutions
- Solutions Blog: The Ark of Truth News Items
- Solutions On-Site Forum: Post Season Ten Discussion Board
- Solutions LJ Companion Site
- Solutions The Ark of Truth Screencap Gallery
--DeeKayP 13:17, 11 October 2006 (PDT)