SGU 1.07 "Earth" Episode Guide
General O'Neill wants Col. Young to implement a high-risk plan hatched by IOA scientists that could possibly return the Destiny crew to Earth. Elsewhere, Eli and Chloe use the communication stones to visit their loved ones, culminating in a trip to a club.
Guide | Transcript
MGM/Syfy.com Official Summary
With the situation onboard the Destiny dire, General O'Neill and Homeworld Command orders Col. Young to execute a high-risk plan concocted by the IOA scientists that, in theory, could return the crew to Earth. Col. Young tries to buy more time so that he can consult those on the ship whose lives are at stake. While using the communication stones, Camile Wray is approached by IOA representative Dale Strom who suggests that she steer opinion on the ship in favor of the plan.
Eli and Chloe are allowed to use the communication stones to visit Earth and their loved ones for what may be the last time. Their homecoming is not what they expected and the two try to drink away their worries at a club, but are unable to ignore the looming fate of the Destiny that they have left behind.
Modified by Solutions.
- Robert Carlyle as Dr. Nicholas Rush
- Louis Ferreira as Col. Everett Young
- Brian J. Smith as 1st Lt. Matthew Scott
- Elyse Levesque as Chloe Armstrong
- David Blue as Eli Wallace
- Alaina Huffman as 1st Lt. Tamara Johansen
- Jamil Walker Smith as MSgt. Ronald Greer
- Ming-Na as Camile Wray
- Carlo Rota as Dale Strom
- Ona Grauer as Emily Young
- Peter Kelamis as Adam Brody
- Anna Galvin as Mrs. Armstrong
- Ryan Kennedy as Dr. Williams
- and Lou Diamond Phillips as Col. Telford
- Janelle Monáe as Herself
- Haig Sutherland as Sgt. Hunter Riley
- Glynis Davies as Maryann Wallace
- Mar Andersons as Maj. Green
- Patrick Gilmore as Dr. Dale Volker
- Alana Husband as Dr. McCormack
- Sarah Mutch as Celina
- Carlo Marks as Andy
- Raquel Riskin as Mindy
- Kerry James as Josh
- Story by Brad Wright, Robert C. Cooper, and Martin Gero
- Teleplay by Martin Gero
- Directed by Ernest Dickerson
- Stargate Universe: Season One
- Previous: SGU 1.06 "Water" Episode Guide
- Next: SGU 1.08 "Time" Episode Guide
- "Rob is eyeing #6 which offers a most intriguingly SF door in." — Joseph Mallozzi (November 11, 2008).
- "With five stories in place, we turned our attention to episode #6 today, beating out Marty G.’s very first SGU script. This one involved a long, loooooong discussion on the workings of a certain technology which forms the impetus to another terrific character-driven story." — Joseph Mallozzi (November 14, 2008)
- "So far, Martin, Carl, and Alan have put out outlines (and I’ve already provided notes on all three)..." — Joseph Mallozzi (December 5, 2008).
- "Of the first ten episodes broken, we have a grand total of 0 forested planets. I’m not saying we won’t, eventually, come across one but, for the time being, the emphasis is on the ship and some locations atypical of Stargate. As a matter of fact, Executive Producer Robert Cooper and Director Andy Mikita are in New Mexico as we speak, scouting a cool-looking alien setting." — Joseph Mallozzi (December 19, 2008)
- "Martin apparently has a first draft of Earth." — Joseph Mallozzi (January 5, 2009)
- "Carl and Marty G. have already delivered their first drafts." — Joseph Mallozzi (January 7, 2009)
- "Martin delivered his revised Earth ..." — Joseph Mallozzi (January 30, 2009)
- "Martin awaits word on Earth ..." — Joseph Mallozzi (February 17, 1009)
- "Just found out who they got to direct "Earth". AWESOME. Can't wait." — Martin Gero (March 4, 2009)
- "I read the revised Earth script. Rob completed his pass yesterday and it is terrific." — Joseph Mallozzi (March 10, 2009)
- "Rob put out his pass on Earth and it’s terrific. The Chloe scene merits special mention - but nothing beyond the fact that it merits special mention because of the secrecy surrounding anything to do with the show." — Joseph Mallozzi (March 13, 2009)
- "I was down on Stage 5 today watching Director Ernest Dickerson calling the shots on Earth." — Joseph Mallozzi (March 31, 2009)
- "As for the actual episodes: Ernest Dickerson continues to do a bang-up job directing Earth..." — Joseph Mallozzi (April 2, 2009)
- Phil writes: "I saw that Janelle Monae is appearing in an ep of Universe. Do you know which one it will be?" Answer: "The talented Ms. Monae will make an appearance in Earth." — Joseph Mallozzi (April 15, 2009)
- "Robert Cooper is working on his producer’s cut of Earth and is awaiting notes on his brilliant script for Time as his prep week approaches." — Joseph Mallozzi (April 23, 2009)
- "Just watched an early cut of my SG:U ep, "Earth". Everyone did an awesome job. The cast is gonna blow you away. Can't wait to see more." — Martin Gero, Twitter (April 29, 2009)
- "Went by Stage 4 today ... and ended up chatting with actor Lou Diamond Philips who called me out on my three-piece suit and tie attire. Despite his long and accomplished career, Lou remains an incredibly down-to-earth and genuinely appreciative individual. A class act, a great guy and, an equally great actor. His performance in Earth had the producers’ offices abuzz." — Joseph Mallozzi (May 14, 2009)
- "Final vfxs for 101,102,105,107 yesterday, finals for 103 today, temps for 106 tomorrow....busy week." — Mark Savela, Twitter (August 5, 2009)
- Concerning filming communication stones scenes: "It's mostly been myself and Louis Ferreira, but it literally is watching the guy step through a door and go, "Okay, did you lead with your left foot? Okay, great, I'm going to do that. Where's your hand?" I hope they show some of the behind the scenes stuff because, literally, one of us will hit a mark and do something, and then the other one has to step in and match it. Then, in post-production they make the switch." — Lou Diamond Phillips, iesb.net: Interview: Lou Diamond Phillips has Entered the STARGATE UNIVERSE (September 21, 2009)
- "I have to say, I'm also involved in one of the most interesting sex scenes ever to grace sci-fi later on in the first season. It's humourous but also mind-boggling. 'Shock factor' may be a bit of an overstatement, but I think people will be surprised at how far the creators are willing to go in this series. It's in the episode called 'Earth'. I exchange consciousness with another character, and let's just say I pop up in a very inopportune moment." — Lou Diamond Phillips, AOL Inside TV, "Q&A: Lou Diamond Phillips Talks 'Stargate: Universe'" (October 1, 2009)
- Joseph Mallozzi's Blog
- Martin Gero's Twitter
- Solutions: SGU Spoilers: "Earth", March 16, 2009.
- Solutions: Sci Fi Wire: Stargate Universe Casting, April 15, 2009.
- Mark Savela's Twitter
- iesb.net: Interview: Lou Diamond Phillips has Entered the STARGATE UNIVERSE, September 21, 2009.
- AOL Inside TV: "Q&A: Lou Diamond Phillips Talks 'Stargate: Universe'", October 1, 2009.
--DeeKayP 14:46, 14 February 2009 (PST)