P9X-391 was a scientific outpost of the Ancients, where they conducted experiments on a device that had the effect of allowing people to see creatures from a parallel dimension.
- Names and Designations: P9X-391
- Number of Suns: At least one
- Number of Moons: Unknown
- Source of Address: Presumably, the Ancient Repository
- Introduced in Episode: 6.13 "Sight Unseen"
- Earth Cultural/Technological Equivalent: Ruins of highly advanced scientific outpost
- Main Interest: Technology in ruins
- Influenced/Dominated by: Formerly Ancients, now none
- History of Stargate: Unknown
Geopolitical Structure and History
P9X-391 was sandy and very windy. Few structures survived the intense wind erosion from those conditions. When SG-1 visited the planet, they found a strange cylindrical device in one of the antechambers of a ruined building. When Jonas Quinn touched the device it activated. SG-1 brought the device back to the SGC for further study.
Later, they realized this device was making them see alien creatures that could pass through solid matter. SG-1, sans Col. O'Neill, attempted to counter the effect first by disabling the device, then by returning it to the ruins of P9X-391. When that had no effect, the team returned back to base with the device.
--Aurora 19:14, 2 July 2006 (PDT)