P3X-421 is a desert planet formerly ruled by the Goa'uld, and was the first contact by a Prior of the Ori into the Milky Way Galaxy.
- Names and Designations: P3X-421
- Number of Suns: At least one
- Number of Moons: Unknown
- Source of Address: Unknown
- Introduced in Episode: 9.03 "Origin"
- Earth Cultural/Technological Equivalent: Unknown. Primitive desert settlement set up near the Stargate
- Main Interest: Humanitarian
- Influenced/Dominated by: Formerly Goa'uld, currently unknown
- History of Stargate: Unknown
Geopolitical Structure and History
The planet was ruled by an unnamed Goa'uld. After the defeat of the System Lords and Replicators (8.19 "Reckoning Part 2), the population of the planet was struggling. Dr. Lindsay was an anthropologist who was sent by the SGC to help the human population get over the loss of their false god.
A Prior came to P3X-421 via the Stargate, and started proselytizing the religion of the Ori and its Path to Enlightenment (9.03 "Origin"). Lindsay notified the SGC, and Colonel Cameron Mitchell and SG-12 arrived on the planet to investigate the Prior and his claims. Mitchell confronted the Prior. During their subsequent conversation, Mitchell discovered the Prior learned of "their need" for Enlightenment from Daniel Jackson (who was currently in a coma on Earth after activating an Ancient Communication Terminal). The Prior returned to the SGC with Mitchell and SG-12.
- Ancient Communications Device
- Origin and the Ori
- Priors of the Ori
- Stargate Command (SGC)
--Aurora 10:14, 4 January 2006 (PST)