4.20 "Entity" Episode Guide
When SG-1 sends a probe through the Stargate, a powerful electronic impulse comes back through the wormhole and hides inside SGC's computer. But when this electronic entity suddenly jumps inside Carter's mind, SG-1 must choose between saving SGC and saving Carter's life.
Guide | Transcript
MGM/SciFi.com Official Summary
Stargate Command is infected by an alien probe that uploads its program into the base computers, where it accesses sensitive data on the SGC and its personnel. The virus program is detected and apparently deleted from the mainframe. Unbeknownst to all, however, the entity's program has downloaded itself into the MALP (Mobile Analytic Laboratory Probe) room, where it continues to thrive, building itself a new body in order to contain the immense volume of data it has purloined.
When SG-1 discovers the entity, Colonel Jack O'Neill wants to destroy it, but Major Samantha Carter and Dr. Daniel Jackson feel they should attempt to communicate with it first. Carter tries—only to be overcome by a blast of energy. She is rushed to safety while O'Neill shuts down the entity, presumably killing it for good this time.
However, the rest of SG-1 soon learns that the entity is far from dead. In fact, it now exists in a new vessel, one capable of storing even greater volumes of data: Carter's body. With the base under siege and the alien entity poised to overwhelm them all, O'Neill and company are confronted with a dire prospect: In order to save SGC, they might have to sacrifice one of their own.
- Richard Dean Anderson as Col. Jack O'Neill
- Michael Shanks as Dr. Daniel Jackson
- Amanda Tapping as Maj. Samantha Carter
- Christopher Judge as Teal'c
- Don S. Davis as Gen. George Hammond
- Season Four Episode Guides
- Episode Guides
- 4.20 "Entity" Transcript
- Previous: 4.19 "Prodigy" Episode Guide
- Next: 4.21 "Double Jeopardy" Episode Guide
- SG1Solutions Forum Discussions and Polls
- Stargatefan Season Four
- SG-1Web: Nitpicker's NetGuide Season Four
- The Stargate SG-1 Compendium
- Stargate Daniel Friendly Season Four Image Galleries
--Kylie Lee 10:17, 26 Jun 2004 (PDT)