1.01 "Children Of The Gods Part 1" Episode Guide
When the SGC is attacked by an alien with glowing eyes, Col. Jack O'Neill is recalled from retirement to lead a second team through to Abydos: his mission to retrieve Dr. Daniel Jackson. Daniel's discovery of a cartouche leads astrophysicist Capt. Carter to realize an entire network of Stargates could exist, leading to millions of worlds.
Guide | Transcript | |
MGM/SciFi.com Official Summary
Colonel Jack O'Neill retired from the military a year ago. Prior to retirement, he led an expedition through the Stargate, an ancient portal that allows instantaneous travel to other galaxies. He is called back to duty by General Hammond when a group of aliens emerge from the Stargate, kill the soldiers guarding it, and kidnap a female guard. After seeing the aftermath of the alien attack and the strange bodies they left behind, O'Neill confesses that he defied the order to destroy Abydos, the world he visited via the Stargate. He reveals that Dr. Daniel Jackson, the scientist who was thought to have died on that mission, is alive and living on Abydos. It is also clear that these aliens are not from Abydos.
O'Neill is reunited with his old comrades Kawalsky and Ferretti and joined by Capt. Samantha Carter, an astrophysicist. SG-1 returns through the Stargate to Abydos. They discover that Jackson has taken an Abydan wife, the beautiful Sha're, and that Skaara, the young Abydan boy O'Neill cherishes as a son, has grown into a fine young man. They also see Jackson's latest discovery: a giant cartouche covered in hieroglyphics that seems to be a map of many Stargates throughout the galaxy.
As they marvel, however, the aliens led by the handsome but evil Apophis, are making use of a similar map. They emerge from the Stargate on Abydos, and after a brief battle, kidnap Sha're and Skaara. Ferretti, who was wounded in the firefight with the aliens, has seen the hieroglyphic code that indicates the alien's destination. O'Neill and Jackson are determined to follow the aliens and to save their loved ones.
With a troop of soldiers from Earth in tow, they track the aliens to the planet Chulak. There they discover that Sha're is now Apophis' queen; her body has been taken over by the hideous snake creatures, known as the Goa'uld, who rule this planet and collect life forms from around the galaxy to use as hosts. They know they can't save her, but can they save themselves and Skaara before they're killed by the Goa'uld guards and before General Hammond sends a nuclear weapon through the Stargate to destroy the planet?
- Richard Dean Anderson as Col. Jack O'Neill
- Michael Shanks as Dr. Daniel Jackson
- Amanda Tapping as Capt. Samantha Carter
- Christopher Judge as Teal'c
- Don S. Davis as Gen. George Hammond
- Jay Acovone as Maj. Charles Kawalsky
- Vaitiare Bandera as Sha're
- Robert Wisden as Maj. Samuels
- Peter Williams as Apophis
- Brent Stait as Maj. Ferretti
- Gary Jones as Technician
- Alexis Cruz as Skaara/Klorel
- Season One Episode Guides
- Episode Guides
- 1.01 "Children Of The Gods Part 1" Transcript
- Next: 1.02 "Children Of The Gods Part 2" Episode Guide
- Solutions On-Site Forum: Season One Discussion Board
- Solutions Many Voices Ratings and Reviews
- Solutions LJ Companion Site
- Stargatefan Season One (Episode Guides, Transcripts, Multimedia, Missing Scenes)
- SG-1Web: Nitpicker's NetGuide Season One
- The Stargate SG-1 Compendium
- Stargate Screencaps: Season One
--Kylie Lee 04:00, 10 Jul 2004 (PDT)