• Dominion - Sky1 8p: March 06, 2007
  • Dominion - Sky1 1p: April 09, 2007
  • Dominion - SPACE 10p: June 14, 2007
  • Dominion - SciFi 8p: June 15, 2007
  • Dominion - SciFi 11p: June 15, 2007
  • Dominion - SciFi 7p: July 20, 2007
  • Dominion - US Syn: May 10, 2008 - May 11, 2008
  • Dominion - SciFi 2p: September 26, 2008

Author Topic: 10.19 - Dominion  (Read 3756 times)

DeeKayP

10.19 - Dominion
« on: March 06, 2007, 06:46:46 AM »

The SG-1 team hatches an elaborate plot to capture Adria by using Vala as bait, but Ba'al has a sinister plan of his own which could prove deadly for all involved. Drastic steps need to be taken to stop him, but will Vala be able to do the unthinkable?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 12:23:28 PM by DeeKayP »

Michelle

• Administrator
  • Tok'ra
  • Dangerous When Geeky
    • Solutions
Re: 10.19 "Dominion"
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 10:42:40 AM »
It was a clever, interesting, suspenseful, well-played story, but it was Vala's story. I have to remind myself they didn't know this was the last season when they filmed it... I feel Daniel has been shortchanged in the second half of S10 compared to the others, and I usually don't complain about that.

More comments and nits after I watch again... I did like it very much on its own merits.

LongLiveJanetFraiser

• Abydonian
  • "You better not be messing with me"
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 12:12:55 PM »
Can somebody help me out here and post some pics? PLEASE!!! *Pouts cutely and holds out hands* plz.... ;D
"I'm gonna go crazy, and i'm taking you with me"
"I wanna know, have you ever seen the rain coming down on a sunny day"
"You do like girls?" "Yes!"

DeeKayP

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 01:10:21 PM »
It was a clever, interesting, suspenseful, well-played story, but it was Vala's story. I have to remind myself they didn't know this was the last season when they filmed it... I feel Daniel has been shortchanged in the second half of S10 compared to the others, and I usually don't complain about that.

More comments and nits after I watch again... I did like it very much on its own merits.

Unfortunately, I'm going to burst your bubble by saying that both Dominion and the finale were written with the cancellation in mind. :( According to the TV Zone Special #74, published in January, Robert C. Cooper wanted to tie up some loose ends, specifically, some kind of "closure" for the Vala and Adria storyline.

I'll keep my sentiments to myself at the moment about Daniel's being shortchanged, but, to be honest, I saw the trend when the spoilers started coming out for S10 episodes and just dreaded the implications. As this episode and several before it appear to demonstrate, my dread was not unwarranted.

I'll submit my comments when I've actually seen the ep (I told you I got spoiled badly, right?), but I'm not hopeful for the last episode, nor for the movie that will wrap up the Ori storyline, as far as Daniel's place in the saga is concerned.

Kalliope

• Tau'ri
    • Vala and Daniel - when two hearts collide...
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 01:17:46 PM »
Okay... sorry, but I must ask this question... why are you so selfish and don't want let the other characters' fans enjoy their stories? Especially that you had previous 8 years (minus one year of Daniel) with them, and these characters have even bigger rights to have much more stories being told about them. Gaters are the most selfish fandom I've ever seen. That's really sad.
Katarzyna

CBOOL #72

"She will lie and steal and do whatever, but she has a moral compass." - Claudia Black about Vala, Stargate Magazin Yearbook Mar/Apr 2006

http://www.stargatecommunity.com/Farscapefan1

Michelle

• Administrator
  • Tok'ra
  • Dangerous When Geeky
    • Solutions
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 01:51:07 PM »
First, please don't go down your usual name-calling path, because that won't be tolerated.

I like Vala very much. Yet I dont think it's too much to ask for a bit of character development for my favorite character once during a 20-episode season. We learned quite a bit about Vala this year, and saw her grow into a 3-dimensional human being: Memento Mori, Line in the Sand, Family Ties, Dominion, all had personal Vala moments and growth. I'm only asking for a bit of character development for the original team, esp Daniel. There wasn't a single episode of development for Daniel this year. Even the Prior one had Daniel acting as himself, not making great revelations or discoveries about himself.

The only reason there were 2 seasons of your favorite actors was the foundation layed by the original ones who brought in the viewers.

LongLiveJanetFraiser

• Abydonian
  • "You better not be messing with me"
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 03:12:37 PM »
Selfish fandom? I don't think so. We want to see our characters develope. Thats why we want some eps that have to do with one character and their story. Each Character has it's own personality. We need to respect that so with all do respect.....We are not selfish......we are supporters of the Characters we love...So don't go jumpin the gun and calling us selfish FOR CRYIN OUT LOUD!!
"I'm gonna go crazy, and i'm taking you with me"
"I wanna know, have you ever seen the rain coming down on a sunny day"
"You do like girls?" "Yes!"

Nirmanakaya

• Tok'ra
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2007, 06:02:14 PM »

[/quote]

I'll keep my sentiments to myself at the moment about Daniel's being shortchanged, but, to be honest, I saw the trend when the spoilers started coming out for S10 episodes and just dreaded the implications. As this episode and several before it appear to demonstrate, my dread was not unwarranted.

[/quote]

I loved the episode, sort of felt that Stargate was back!   ;D

Having said that I agree with the fact that it appears that it was written with the end in mind.  Although I find that i it might be really hard for the writers not to.

Now I do agree that Daniel is being short handed in the last few episodes.  For me Stargate is all about Jack and Daniel's story and I certainly hope that it does not become a norm in the movies.
Isaac Asimov once said: "Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Nirmanakaya

• Tok'ra
Isaac Asimov once said: "Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."